Now that you've got your Nikon SB-900 professional-grade speedlight, make sure that you get the most out of it with this free photographer's guide, which will walk you through the flash unit's basic features and functionalities.
The DX and FX feature in the SB-900 allows you to use iTTL, iTTL-BL, iTTL-FP, or iTTL-BL-FP more accurately on FX and DX camera bodies. It will automatically switch to DX if you enter the DX Crop Mode on D3 / D3X / D700. SB-900 will automatically get the signal from the camera body and it will switch to either DX or FX. You can manually override that feature if you wish.
The SB-900 have SU-4 Mode, which allows the flash to be triggered wirelessly using onboard flash alone with non-CLS-Compatible digital SLR's. If one wish to prevent the onboard flash from reaching the subject, buy a $7 Nikon SG-3IR Panel and slide it into the flash hot shoe.
On the another hand, the SB-900 could be triggered wirelessly by having SB-400 and / or SB-600 onboard (SB-900 switched to SU-4 Mode) or having SB-800, SB-900, or SU-800 onboard (SB-800 switched to Remote Mode). The SB-900 could be connected and triggered with Pocketwizards (MultiMAX and / or Plus / Plus II) due to built-in external PC terminal.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades