You can manipulate the AF fine-tune on your Nikon DSLR in order to optimize the sharpness and resolution of your lenses. This is a great tool for achieving the highest picture quality possible.
Sharpness and focus are two of the most basic properties of a good, quality image. Watch and learn as this tutorial goes through the menu options to help you fine turn your AF.
This tutorial shows you how to properly calibrate your lenses using a menu feature of AF Fine-Tuning that is available in D300(s), D700, and D3-Series ONLY. Only use AF Fine-Tuning if the lenses are focusing slightly off the target focusing area by back-focusing or front-focusing, resulting in soft (unsharp) images. AF Fine-Tuning will help you with that by correcting the focus shifting.
Below is the direct link to download the Lens Sharpness Chart in PDF (Portable Document Format). We created this chart after testing every Nikkon and Zeiss lenses (consumer grade and commercial grade) available today for the maximum sharpness performance at different focal lengths and apertures (tested on FX and DX digital SLRs and film SLRs). You can keep a copy for yourself and it is printable. Enjoy!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades